COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Update
What to Do If You Are Sick
Symptoms of COVID-19 may show up 2 -14 days after exposure. The steps you should take if you think you are sick with COVID-19 depend on whether you have a higher risk of developing severe illness.
- • If you have COVID-19 symptoms, it is important to come in and get tested at the emergency room. Schertz Cibolo Emergency Clinic can test for COVID-19, as well as 21 other pathogens that may be causing your symptoms. We can often test and treat in as little as one hour.
- • If symptoms worsen, please come to see us or call the ER at 210-202-1123.
- For more information on how to take care of yourself at home if you are sick, see the CDC website
Real-time reverse transcription polymerase chain reaction (rRT-PCR) test for detection of nucleic acid from SARS-CoV-2
Rapid, point-of-care diagnostic test that uses a mucus sample from the nose. Results may be available in minutes.
Test is designed to detect the virus that causes COVID-19 in addition to 21 other pathogens causing respiratory infections.
The COVID-19 RT-PCR test is a real-time reverse transcription polymerase chain reaction (rRT-PCR) test for the qualitative detection of nucleic acid from SARS-CoV-2 in upper and lower respiratory specimens...
Rapid, point-of-care diagnostic tests use a mucus sample from the nose but can be analyzed at the doctor’s office or clinic where the sample is collected and results may be available in minutes.
Blood test that can detect if a person has antibodies to SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19. Antibody tests can help identify people who may have been infected with the SARS-CoV-2 virus or have recovered.
High Blood Pressure
Weak Immune Systems
Weakened Immune Systems
People 65 years or older, and/or people with medical issues, like heart disease, diabetes, high blood pressure, cancer, or a weakened immune system, are at a higher risk for getting very sick from COVID‑19.
- If you are a high-risk individual and you develop fever or symptoms, call Schertz Cibolo Emergency Clinic at (210)-202-1123..
- If you are not sick enough to be hospitalized, you can recover at home. Follow your doctor's instructions and refer to CDC recommendations for how to take care of yourself at home.
(65 years and older)
High Blood Pressure
Weakened Immune Systems
TRUSTED FOR OUR CARE
Schertz Cibolo Emergency Clinic is the premier choice for your medical needs. Our facility is equipped with diagnostic tools and up-to-date technology, as well as a superior team of medical professionals. We provide medical treatment for minor, moderate and major medical emergencies for all ages. We offer the services and capabilities of a traditional hospital-based ER - just without the extended wait times. We’re always ready to serve you with convenient 24/7 operation, regardless of time of day, and our team is ready to greet you with courteous and compassionate care.
Services We Offer
Pain in your chest could be related to issues with many different areas of your body including lungs, muscle, ribs, and nerves.
Many different factors including severity of pain, its location and other symptoms aid us in finding the cause of your pain.
Skin Lacerations, Infections, and Rashes
Cuts are something almost everyone has experienced at some point of their life. Occasionally a cut does warrant a visit to Schertz Cibolo Emergency Clinic.
Sore Throat, Flu, Sinus Infections
We are experts in stuffy, runny noses, watery eyes, sneezing, mild hacking cough, congestion, sore throats...
Safe Baby Drop Off Site
Friendly and Compassionate Care
What Our Patients Say
Absolute top-quality care all the way through. Not only professional and knowledgeable, but unbelievably kind, compassionate, and personable. From the front desk staff to the nurses to the provider—everyone was wonderful. Such a great experience! They do bill your insurance as an emergency room as opposed to just an urgent care clinic so be aware of that. EXCELLENT!
Fast and extremely great service! Full range emergency room without the emergency wait time. Amazing doesn't cover how awesome the staff is here. Dr. Bill and Nurse Brittany are so kind and caring; I wish I could make this my primary care physician!
We needed a refill on my husband's migraine medication. We ended up going here because it was the weekend and nothing was open and it was a great experience. Everyone was nice and friendly The Establishment was clean I would definitely go there again in an emergency situation. The waiting room was very comfortable and they also have snacks and coffee tea.
Great Dr. Great nurses, I just moved here from Denton and was experiencing difficulties with my medications. But I badly needed them so I went here and was taken care of by Dr. Robert Gonzalez. Not treated as a drug seeker, which I am not.🙄. But with dignity and respect to my physical and mental health. Definitely recommend to anyone if you are in a pinch, like I was.
Dr Rayfield and his team were very professional and took care of my son's school physical promptly and thoroughly. Thank you!
- How has the COVID-19 Pandemic Made us Better? December 4, 2020
- The Safest Way to Celebrate Thanksgiving this Year November 19, 2020
- Older Adults in Schertz / Cibolo and Flu November 4, 2020
- Preparing K-12 School Administrators for a Safe Return to School in Fall 2020 July 28, 2020
- Surgeon General: Cloth Face Coverings July 28, 2020